LEAP was developed to encourage a culture of academic excellence at Beaulieu College. It allows the top achievers in each grade to extend themselves beyond the confines of the classroom, often presenting opportunities that few are privileged to experience. A variety of activities are offered to pupils, with the intention to broaden their knowledge in new environments.
1. LEAP excursions take place once a term during the school day, and after school, depending on the event.
2. Excursions could include trips to museums, galleries, landmarks, constitutional court, meetings with talented achievers, as well as subject-related field trips.
3. Pupils are encouraged to document their experience through articles and photographs which will be published in a variety of media sites.
1. All learners who achieve an overall term average of 80% and/or the three top pupils in each grade will be invited to join LEAP. Grade 8s will be invited to join LEAP from term 2.
2. Eligibility holds only for the term, after which a term average of 80% has to be achieved in subsequent terms.
3. Participation of eligible learners in LEAP is voluntary - pupils who have been invited and would not like to be part of the programme may choose not to attend the excursion on offer.
A member of the Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa (ISASA), Independent Examination Board (IEB),
Southern African Heads of Independent Schools Association (SAHISA). Accredited by Umalusi
Copyright © 2018. All Rights Reserved. Web site development by New Web Consulting